Student Marketing and Outreach Intern
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Organization: The Office of Equity and Diversity, Culture and Heritage Houses, Diversity Education
Working Title: Student Marketing and Outreach Intern
Reports to: Program Assistant, WSU Office of Equity and Diversity
Manage Social Media and Online Presence:
- Update and maintain social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) by uploading pictures from past trainings and events, posting/sharing relevant articles and news releases, and publicizing upcoming events.
- Assist with the maintenance of program website including promoting events, general updates,
Create Promotional Outreach Materials
- Assist with the design and distribution of promotional communication, including event and training flyers, promotional brochures, and posters.
Assist with the Monthly Newsletter
- Assist with the design and writing of biweekly newsletter.
- Take pictures during trainings and events to use in the newsletter and websites
- Tabling and press releases/all campus e-mail
Support Digital Video Productions
- Record and produce promotional video clips for the Office of Equity and Diversity, highlighting available training opportunities, Culture and Heritage Houses virtual tours, and other programming.
Basic Qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computers, and a willingness to learn new computer skills
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Willingness to learn about issues affecting underrepresented and marginalized groups
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of and experience working with people from diverse racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Experience working in public relations, marketing, communication, or related fields
- Experience producing digital media and videos
- Experience with graphic design and desktop publishing using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Must be a full-time student enrolled at WSU.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, or DACA eligible
- Must be able and willing to keep regular office hours, not to exceed 20 hours per week
To apply, applicants must send a cover letter, resume/CV, and two references (with contact information) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7, 2016
This position is not limited to students with professional backgrounds in communication and marketing, but also includes students who have informal experience creating homemade YouTube videos, are familiar with digital photography basics, or are interested in exploring new ways of using technology to advance learning. We welcome budget-friendly and resourceful approaches to creative digital productions. Applicants are welcome to submit examples of past work that highlights their preparation for this position. These may include brief writing samples, videos you have created, and design samples (e.g. flyers, brochures, and newsletters).
If you have any questions, contact Sarah Goddard at 509-339-6172 or email@example.com